In return for the privilege of carrying a pocketknife to
designated Cub Scout functions, I agree to the following:
- I will treat my pocketknife with the respect due a
- I will always close my pocketknife and put it away
when not in use.
- I will not use my pocketknife when it might injure
someone near me.
- I promise never to throw my pocketknife for any
- I will use my pocketknife in a safe manner at all
The Official BSA Whittling Chip
for Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts
is a Wallet Card (No. 34223A) and/or Patch (08598)
The back of the card looks like the following:
The older version of the
Whittling Chip card (No.34223), shown below, is also in wide use and
is still valid.